As an avid reader and lover of books since childhood, there has never been anything better for me than curling up with a good story. I was lucky enough to find an amazing group of friends who shared the same passion and together we formed the small, but fabulous, Awesome Possum Book Club. Possum Wicks’ soy candles were inspired by the books and characters we have loved, laughed and cried over together and I hope to share them and the magic of reading with you.
“I love books. I adore everything about them. I love the feel of the pages on my fingertips. They are light enough to carry, yet so heavy with worlds and ideas. I love the sound of the pages flicking against my fingers. Print against fingerprints. Books make people quiet, yet they are so loud.”
– Nnedi Okorafor
This handmade soy candle was inspired by Bookstagram and the amazing Bookish Community I've enjoyed engaging with these past few years. Our #booklover candle smells of lemon, clove, sandalwood, musk cinnamon and vanilla. A lovely, subtle smell — perfect for lighting when you’re cozying down with a good
Burn Time: 35-45 hours
All candles are hand poured and either made to order or in small batches, so colour may vary across products. ‘Frosting’ and ‘wet spots’ may occur, but do not worry! These commonly occur with eco-friendly, 100% soy wax candles.
- Trim your wood wick before each use! Removing all charred wood from previous burns will help your wick stay lit long enough to fuel the flame.
- Allow the wax to melt across the entire diameter of your candle on the first burn. This helps prevent tunnelling, which can impact how well the candle burns.
- Soy wax has a lower melt point so remember to keep your soy candle out of direct sunlight as this may cause it to 'sweat'. If this happens, remove your candle from the heat source and allow to cool. It will quickly return to its normal state.
- Soy wax tends to have a 'rustic' look after the melt pool has cooled. This is due to the natural makeup of the wax and in no way affects the way your candle will burn.
- Soy wax can be cleaned from surfaces with hot soap and water, but remember, although it is bio-degradable, it is still wax! Avoid pouring down your drains.
Ingredients: Soy Wax, Fragrance Oil, Wood Wick.